Monday, March 7, 2011

Celebrate Good Times!

Man! It has been a busy past couple of weeks!!  We celebrated my brother and sister-in-law’s birthdays, celebrated my birthday, celebrated the wedding of the new Mrs. Borho, and celebrated Matt’s birthday… I think it’s safe to say the last two weeks were jammed pack with wonderful celebrations with even better friends and family members. So let’s start from the beginning…

My brother and sister finally made their way up to San Antonio to visit us, it only took them 2 years! ;) They came up on the 24th, which just so happens to be BOTH of their birthdays. They were spending their birthday weekend up in Fredericksburg and stopped to stay one night with us. Matt and I took them to a delicious restaurant which just so happened to have the largest selection of beer on tap in the WORLD (happy birthday Derek!). After dinner we took them to a bar where we continued to celebrate their awesome day of birth. We loved having them here and loved being able to be with them on their birthdays!
Derek and Crystal
Some of the world's largest selection

The very next day Matt and I made our way up to Austin where we were spending the weekend to celebrate my birthday and go to the wedding. Let me just say, I have the absolute best friends in the whole entire world!! My longest, best friends as well as the amazing new friends I have met in school all showed up to celebrate my birthday with me. I am such a lucky gal! We had dinner at an amazing restaurant which I highly recommend: The Cedar Door. We sat outside on the patio (which was a tad bit chilly!) and enjoyed drinks, food, and good ol’ conversation. After dinner the night continued into the streets of Austin, TX. This was probably one of the best birthdays I have ever had! Everyone had so much fun and I cannot thank them enough for making this a birthday I won’t forget J
My awesome OT friends!
My awesome best friends!
Next stop: Cedar Park for wedding festivities. We finally got to see some of Matt’s family for the wedding. I feel like we haven’t seen them in forever!! We got to hang out with Matt’s dad, step-mom and little sister before the wedding, then slowly got ready for Jena’s big day. The wedding was absolutely gorgeous! It took place in a tiny old, but newly renovated church and the reception was at a beautiful country club. Everyone looked so beautiful and Jena was absolutely glowing with happiness. We enjoyed yummy Salt Lick BBQ and of course, wedding cake! We called it a night, and headed out the next morning to come back to SA.
Jena looking beautiful!

My favorite little family! :)

We didn’t get much rest when we got back because soon enough it was Matt’s birthday!! See what I mean about all the celebrations?! It was never ending for a while! Matt decided he wanted to have dinner at one of our favorite Asian restaurants with some close friends..so we did just that! Because everything had been so hectic I didn’t get a chance to bake Matt anything for his birthday, so I decided to pick up some Couture Cupcakes for everyone to enjoy! They were delicious!! I got a variety of flavors like german chocolate cake, vanilla bean, peanut butter, carrot cake, wedding cake, and chocolate. A little bit of something for everyone. Matt already had his peanut butter cupcake all picked out before we even made it to dinner, but as it turns out the birthday boy got a free (HUGE) red velvet cupcake from the restaurant! I don’t think Matt was complaining at all!!
Yummy cupcakes 

The birthday boy

Although we have been going non-stop we have gotten the chance to make some wonderful memories with wonderful people and I wouldn’t change that for anything! Who knows when we will be back on here to write because come Saturday we will be on our spring break road trip to…….SAN FRANCISCO!! Don’t worry everyone, we will be safe and all that jazz! Love you all <3




4 comments:

  1. "My brother and sister finally made their way up to San Antonio to visit us, it only took them 2 years! ;) "...

    Blame this one on your brother-you know he's a homebody! Had a blast:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cupcake is really HUGE, and Im not a homebody!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg yall have had a lot of sillyness lately!! Love the pics in the post...HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELSI LEIGH & MATTY, DEREK & CRYSTAL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt was subdued at Jenas wedding. too much fun at Kelsis birthday party.bossier22

    ReplyDelete